Loving Yourself to Life involves knowing and BELIEVING what the Father thinks and desires for you. His thoughts are good towards you and not evil. Whenever you find yourself entertaining a negative thought seed placed in your mind, you have to combat it by speaking positive affirmations about yourself.
I am a firm believer of Proverbs 18:21– “The tongue can bring death or life; those who love to talk will reap the consequences.” Instead of negative self-talk, speak care and compassion, empowerment and motivation, and power and strength. More importantly, speak what God says about you. I like to speak God’s Word over me in first person.
- I am the head (leader) and not the tail (follower). I am above and not beneath. Deuteronomy 28:13
- I have God’s peace, and it surpasses all understanding. Philippians 4:7
- I am more than a conqueror. Romans 8:37
- I am holy and unblemished in God’s sight. Ephesians 1:4
- My needs are met. Philippians 4:19
- I can do all things through Christ because He gives me strength. Philippians 4:13
- Although I have sinned, I have been forgiven and washed by Christ’s blood. Ephesians 1:7
- I have a spirit of power, love, and a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7
The Word is filled with scriptures that describe who we are in Christ. We have to make sure to access His Word on a daily basis and study who God says we are in order to combat the negative thoughts that Satan consistently tries to plant in our minds.
What are some negative thoughts that you are plagued with concerning your self-image (inner and outer)? Beside each of the negative thoughts, write down a scripture that is the complete opposite of the negative thought. The scriptures you find are promised to you if you embrace the promises and follow the commands of God. Receive love from Father to truly Love Yourself to Life!
Excerpt from “Love Yourself to Life” Author: Dr. Monica Debro