On the Dr. Rodney Show, I share my journey through domestic violence, hurts and pain to opening my heart to God and allowing Him to restore and heal me. According to the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence (NCADV):
- On a typical day, there are more than 20,000 phone calls placed to domestic violence hotlines nationwide.
- Women between the ages of 18-24 are most commonly abused by an intimate partner.
- On average, nearly 20 people per minute are physically abused by an intimate partner in the United States. During one year, this equates to more than 10 million women and men.
- 72% of all murder-suicides involve an intimate partner; 94% of the victims of these murder suicides are female.
- 1 in 15 children are exposed to intimate partner violence each year, and 90% of these children are eyewitnesses to this violence.
- Studies suggest that there is a relationship between intimate partner violence and depression and suicidal behavior. (NCADV, 2018, https://ncadv.org/statistics).